Granite United Way helps individuals and families meet basic needs
Over the past year, Granite United Way has doubled down on our efforts to help individuals and families meet their basic needs. Through hunger relief programs, housing supports, and direct financial assistance, we have provided the food and fuel our neighbors needed to survive during uncertain times.
- Established a network of agency HUBS in each local region to provide food, housing, utility assistance, and transportation support to nearly 2,000 households and nearly 6,000 individuals.
Hunger Relief Supports
- Provided immediate support to 25 different food pantries.
- Disbursed $10,000 to support the Hospitality Relief Fund (NH Restaurant and Hospitality Association) to help at least 40 individuals meet basic needs.
- Hosted 7 USDA Food trucks carrying over 8,000 food boxes statewide to provide more than 177,000 pounds of food into our communities.
- Formed the Fuel Our Families program in partnership with Southern New Hampshire University, Granite YMCA, and Manchester School District to provide weekend meal bags to families in Manchester. Since March 2020, this program has delivered more than 185,000 meals to families. Nearly 300 volunteers have dedicated more than 2,000 hours to these efforts.
- $25,000 donation to GOT LUNCH Laconia, a grassroots organization feeding children in Laconia.
- Doubled down on our efforts to feed residents of our North Country and Northern New Hampshire regions.
- Pivoted our traditional Day of Caring to the Smart Start Cereal Campaign to combat food insecurity amongst children.
- Whole Village Family Resource Center distributed concrete supports, such as grocery store gift cards, diapers, formula, and warm clothing, to families of the greater Plymouth area.