A steady job is the most reliable step on the pathway to financial stability but too often barriers such as childcare, reliable transportation, and acute need for emergency financial assistance derail good employees and impact their employment. As a result, employees either lose their jobs or opt to relocate to another community.
What is Workplace Wellness?
Granite United Way's Workplace Wellness Initiative promotes the health and well-being of employees in the workplace by improving workplace productivity, retention, advancement, and financial stability for employees. Workplace Wellness offers a comprehensive range of resources and services that assist employees in being successful at work and securing their personal economic stability. As a result, employers, the workforce, and the community are stronger.
This program includes a variety of resources that are tailored to the unique needs of all employees including financial coaching, teambuilding activities, mental health resources, substance misuse support, leadership workshops, & loan savings programs.
The Benefits of Workplace Wellness at your company
- Onsite Resource Coordination (3 hours/week)
- Financial Coaching for employees (one-on-one with a Resource Coordinator)
- Community of Practice: Employer Collaborative & Local Champions monthly meetings
- Bridges Out of Poverty Training
- Education and training on substance use, behavioral health, and addiction
- Financial Education classes
- Getting Ahead in the Workplace Multi-week class
Financial Stability Tools and Resources
- Free VITA Tax Preparation (onsite or online)
- Loan Savings Benefit Program
- Slack Group Online Community
- Day of Caring volunteerism & teambuilding activities
- Coordinated giving & workplace campaign support