Day of Caring 2023
What is Day of Caring?
Day of Caring is a community-wide effort that brings together volunteers and local businesses to provide short-term, project-focused volunteer service to our community's local nonprofit and public organizations.
When is Day of Caring?
- Wednesday, September 13: North Country
- Wednesday, September 20th: Greater Seacoast Region
- Wednesday, September 20th: Merrimack County
- Thursday, September 21st: Southern Region
- Friday, September 22nd: Central Region
- Friday, September 22nd: Northern Region
- Friday September 22nd: Upper Valley
Who Does Day of Caring help?
Day of Caring gives volunteers an opportunity to assist community organizations in achieving their goals, learn more about solutions to community issues, and experience the intrinsic rewards of contributing to the well-being of our region.
How do I sign up to volunteer in my local community?
There is a lot of excitement with the opening of volunteer registration and projects are filling up quickly. Spread the word to your co-workers, coordinate a team, and check out available opportunities. Volunteers registered by August 11 will be guaranteed a Day of Caring t-shirt.
Follow these instructions to create your team and click the links below to sign up for projects across the state. Volunteer shifts are available from 9am - 12pm, 1pm - 4pm or all day (9am - 4pm).
- North Country
- Greater Seacoast Region
- Merrimack County
- Southern Region
- Central Region
- Northern Region
- Upper Valley
How do Agencies sign up for projects?
If you are an agency interested in signing up for a Day of Caring project, please follow these simple steps to get started:
- Click here to submit your agency registration request. (Note, you will want to do this even if you just completed a similar step for the RFP process.)
- Once you have submitted your request & it has been reviewed and approved by Granite United Way staff, you will receive an email with your login information.
- Please view the tutorial available on the Home page that will help you understand each piece of setting up your opportunities.
- Now you are ready to create & manage your Day of Caring volunteer opportunities!
- Granite United Way will review each opportunity created and approve it for publishing, making it viewable by volunteers.
- As soon as the link is made available on our website, volunteers will be able to view & sign up for available opportunities.
Watch for another email soon that will provide dates & times for Office Hours, where you will be able to hop on a call with us and ask any questions you may have about this process. In the meantime, should you have any questions about getting started or creating your opportunities, please do not hesitate to reach out!
I am unable to volunteer in person, how else can I help?
If you are unable to volunteer during your local Day of Caring but still want to give back to your community you can still help!
Make a Donation
You can text "Give2GUW" (on 41444) to make a donation on Day of Caring in support of your community.
Share our Social Posts
Visit our Facebook and Instagram channels and share any of our Day of Caring posts to increase their reach and encourage your friends and family to give back to the community they work or live in. We have drafted some sample language here that you can use.
Thank you to our Day of Caring Sponsors!
Day of Caring would not be possible without the support of our community sponsors: AmeriHealth Caritas, Merrimack County Savings Bank, NextEra Energy, Bank of NH, Casella Waste Systems, Timken, Claremont Savings Bank, Systems Engineering, Lincoln Financial Group, AFL, Enterprise Bank, Anagnost Companies, Orr & Reno, HL Turner, Edward Jones, Kennebunk Savings Bank, Unitil, Polite Mail, Melcher & Prescott, Metro Walls, White Mountian Community College, & White Mountain Rotary Club of Berlin & Gorham.