Alexis de Tocqueville Society
The Alexis de Tocqueville Society at Granite United Way is a special group of donors who have a strong desire to address community need and implement lasting change throughout our regions. These donors invest $10,000 or more each year in United Way.
Benefits of the Alexis de Tocqueville membership include:
- Assurance that your donation has maximum impact in the community. United Way's Community Impact process holds funded programs to high standards of effectiveness and financial accountability.
- If you have special interests, you may designate a portion of your gift to any non-profit, 501(c)3 organization(s) and we will forward your designated donation so you can be properly recognized by the charity. As a de Tocqueville benefit, no administrative fee is charged on your designation(s).
- Opportunities to network and meet with other business and community individuals who share a like-minded spirit of philanthropy.
- Invitation to a members-only annual recognition event and our Annual Campaign Celebration event.
- Recognition, along with your peers, in our annual Leadership Giving Roster.
Our gift acceptance policy for Alexis de Tocqueville Society includes:
- A minimum of $5,000 must be invested in Granite United Way's Community Care Fund or one of its impact areas - Education, Income or Health.
- Gifts may be restricted at the written request of the donor and directed to any 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
*Our gift acceptance policy is subject to change.
Step Up Program (Alexis de Tocqueville Society)
Granite United Way is also pleased to offer a Step-Up Program which allows new members to make an Alexis de Tocqueville commitment over a period of years (typically two to three). We suggest $5,000 in year one and $7,500 in year two, but this is a flexible giving option that allows you to customize the amount of your pledge. In the final year, Step-Up Program members agree to donate the full $10,000.
To learn more about giving at the Leadership and Alexis de Tocqueville levels, contact Sarah McCluskey, Senior Director of Leadership and Planned Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603.625.6939 ext. 105.